2009-09-04 12:29:25

by Pavan Savoy

Subject: promisc mode and broadcast BT sockets

Hi,

I remember that eth0 had some flags which sets the raw sockets into promisc mode, so that we can receive the sockets on the interface even if we are not the intended host.
does something like this exist for BT sockets ?

If a user-space process is creating the socket, I understand that the process which does _create, _bind would get the events which it is supposed to, but how ?

example: I run hcitool scan, and a remote pairing request comes in, would the hcitool process also have access to the pairing request ?

if YES- then good - my work is done,
but if NO -- How do I make it to ? + How do I make it receive if the socket is created and does in-kernel socket calls [the hacked up way of get_fs/set_fs of KERNEL_DS].

Thanks in advance.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

2009-09-07 17:00:12

by Jothikumar Mothilal

Subject: HFP - A2DP in BlueZ

Hi Marcel and all,
I was able to test HFP/A2DP independently.
Is BlueZ supports multi profiles?
For example, like A2DP with HFP - When you listen song, if you get a Skype =
call,
Stop audio streaming and attend the call and start streaming once the call =
is disconnected.

Is this feature available in BlueZ? If so from what version of BlueZ?
Is some one tried and succeeded with any headset/PC dongle combination.
Please update.

Thanks,
Jothi

2009-09-07 09:56:28

by Pavan Savoy

Got it. [not top posting this time around....]