2010-08-02 18:19:36

by Inga Stotland

Subject: Question about a patch set that is comprised of patches for separate git repositories

Hi Marcel,

I am planning on submitting a patch set for hcidump that allows parsing of
AMP related HCI commands and events. While the modification of parsing
code is constrained to bluez-hcidump git repository, the code relies on
changes to hci.h file that resides in bluez git repository. Basically, I
had to create new structures and defines for OCFs and attributes and hci.h
seemed like a logical place to do that. However, nothing else in bluez
subdirectory is referring those new structs and constants. So the question
is: do I have 2 separate submissions: one for bluez and the other for
hcidump noting that hcidump depends on the patch for hci.h in bluez, or do
I somehow generate a combined patch set?

Thank you,

Inga

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Inga,

> I am planning on submitting a patch set for hcidump that allows parsing of
> AMP related HCI commands and events. While the modification of parsing
> code is constrained to bluez-hcidump git repository, the code relies on
> changes to hci.h file that resides in bluez git repository. Basically, I
> had to create new structures and defines for OCFs and attributes and hci.h
> seemed like a logical place to do that. However, nothing else in bluez
> subdirectory is referring those new structs and constants. So the question
> is: do I have 2 separate submissions: one for bluez and the other for
> hcidump noting that hcidump depends on the patch for hci.h in bluez, or do
> I somehow generate a combined patch set?

send the patch for hci.h first. Then we see. The LE additions took like
a few rounds of review. So we do these first.

Regards

Marcel