2009-05-11 22:39:28

by travis+ml-bluetooth

Subject: how to use bluetoothd instead of hidd

Hello,

Recently I acquired a new computer for my mythbuntu box and installed
the latest release (intrepid).

However, I've been unable to use it effectively because I cannot get
the bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work.

I have read the following tutorial:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml

However, that no longer seems to be current. It refers to some
configuration files that no longer exist. It also refers to some
daemons hcid and sdpd that seem to be replaced by bluetoothd. I followed
it up to the USB part, and verified that the dongle was visible over USB,
but beyond that I had no luck.

In the past, I used hidd --connect to connect to my devices just after
I powercycled them and pressed the pairing button on them, but this no
longer seems to work.

Does anyone have any tips or references that I should read in order
to get this keyboard/mouse combo to work?
--
Obama Nation | My emails do not have attachments; it's a digital signature
that your mail program doesn't understand. | http://www.subpacefield.org/~travis/

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.11 kB)
(No filename) (833.00 B)