2009-05-14 14:53:48

by martin f krafft

Subject: DUN functionality with 4.x

Hi,

we use the bluez-utils 3.x functionality provided by dund a lot:
providing a dial-up endpoint with pppd to allow clients to "dial-in"
to the bluetooth host.

With 4.x, I cannot find this functionality anymore. PAN is still
there, but where is DUN?

Thanks for any pointers,

"i feel sorry for people who don't drink. when they wake up in the
morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-- frank sinatra

spamtraps: [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (575.00 B)
digital_signature_gpg.asc (197.00 B)
Digital signature (see http://martin-krafft.net/gpg/)

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: DUN functionality with 4.x

Hi,

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM, martin f krafft <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we use the bluez-utils 3.x functionality provided by dund a lot:
> providing a dial-up endpoint with pppd to allow clients to "dial-in"
> to the bluetooth host.
>
> With 4.x, I cannot find this functionality anymore. PAN is still
> there, but where is DUN?
>
> Thanks for any pointers,

It is quite simple, try using test/test-serial you can pass 'dun'
which will give a port (/dev/rfcomm#) which you can pass to pppd. A
complete solution for dun is probably a job for either NetworkManager
or connman.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa??o