2009-07-13 22:49:04

by Marcel Witte

Subject: How does BlueZ work?

Hi,

at the moment I'm writing my dissertation for B.Sc. A big part contains using
bluetooth in Linux. As I understand the layer-architecture of bluetooth all
layers up to the HCI are implemented in the firmware of the bluetooth-device.
The kernel-module for the device forwards the hci-commands from the
applications to the device, this application is the bluetoothd. In bluetoothd
the profiles as A2DP are implemented. But how does bluetoothd communicate with
the module? Is there any device-file in /dev ? Or is there another system for
hci?

I hope you can help me, so I don't need to read in the source-code of
bluetoothd ;)

Greets,
Marcel Witte