2009-11-17 12:33:47

by Thilo Rießner

Subject: bluetooth dead after suspend

Hello, my bluetooth works fine after normal boot, bat after suspending and
resuming, it is dead. With my old installation (openSuSE 11.1) it was the
same, but the problem could be solved by restarting bluetooth (rcbluetooth
restart). With the new openSuSE 11.2 the rcbluetooth script vanished. As far
as I understood, bluetooth gets started via dbus. But even a rcdbus restart
does not help. Any idea of a quirk or workaround?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Thilo

2009-11-17 14:22:49

by Colin Beckingham

Subject: Re: bluetooth dead after suspend

Thilo:

On 11/17/2009 07:33 AM, Thilo Rie?ner wrote:
> Hello, my bluetooth works fine after normal boot, bat after suspending and
> resuming, it is dead. With my old installation (openSuSE 11.1) it was the
> same, but the problem could be solved by restarting bluetooth (rcbluetooth
> restart). With the new openSuSE 11.2 the rcbluetooth script vanished. As far
> as I understood, bluetooth gets started via dbus. But even a rcdbus restart
> does not help. Any idea of a quirk or workaround?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Thilo

On my Opensuse 11.2 there is a file

/etc/init.d/bluez-coldplug

which, on examination, seems to control start/stop etc of bluetooth. Is
this relevant to your concern?

On my desktop system if I plug in my adapter right after the system
boots, Kbluetooth framework appears automagically. I will try it again
after my system goes to sleep sometime.

2009-11-17 13:16:58

by Vladimir Botka

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:33:47 +0100
Thilo Rießner <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello, my bluetooth works fine after normal boot, bat after
> suspending and resuming, it is dead. With my old installation
> (openSuSE 11.1) it was the same, but the problem could be solved by
> restarting bluetooth (rcbluetooth restart). With the new openSuSE
> 11.2 the rcbluetooth script vanished. As far as I understood,
> bluetooth gets started via dbus. But even a rcdbus restart does not
> help. Any idea of a quirk or workaround? Thanks in advance for any
> help.

Hello. If your notebook is an ThinkPad you may try to copy the script
[1] into the directory [2]. If this does not help you may consider to
open a bug report in [3] and attach the suspend log file [4].

[1] /usr/share/doc/packages/pm-utils/examples/hooks/49bluetooth
[2] /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/
[3] bugzilla.novell.com
[4] /var/log/pm-suspend.log

-vlado