2009-12-29 10:17:34

by Stefan Seyfried

Subject: What's hcitrace?

Hi,

I found hcitrace in the bluez-4.59 tarball.
What is it? Should it be packaged? Maybe in the bluez-test package?

Thanks,

seife

--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."

2009-12-29 11:41:06

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: What's hcitrace?

Hi Stefan,

> I found hcitrace in the bluez-4.59 tarball.
> What is it? Should it be packaged? Maybe in the bluez-test package?

eventually it should be, but right now, you better don't.

So the hcitrace daemon (when I finish it), will allow per advanced
tracing capabilities with multiple HCI controllers per stream (that is
needed for AMPs). And of course it will use D-Bus activation etc. All
fancy stuff, but as of of now, it is not finished yet.

Regards

Marcel