2010-03-05 18:48:42

by Pacho Ramos

Subject: bluez-hcidump-1.42 fails to build against bluez-4.61

This is for recovering:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/4619

since more users are getting this problem and I would like to know if
patches provided in that thread can be used and accepted by upstream or
they are not good enough.

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
Esta parte del mensaje est? firmada digitalmente

2010-03-08 14:36:14

by Pacho Ramos

El lun, 08-03-2010 a las 15:05 +0100, Stefan Seyfried escribió:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:56:54 +0100
> Pacho Ramos <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > We should then simply wait for bluez-4.62 and, then, no patches would be
> > needed for bluez-hcidump, not? (or I have missed anything?)
>
> Yes, I verified this already: after I had updated bluez to 4.62 in the
> openSUSE buildservice, I could safely drop the two patches from the
> bluez-hcidump package and it still builds fine.

Yes, I have just confirmed it, sorry for the inconvenience, I didn't
notice 4.62 was already released

Thanks a lot

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
Esta parte del mensaje est? firmada digitalmente

2010-03-08 14:05:18

by Stefan Seyfried

--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."

2010-03-08 13:56:54

by Pacho Ramos

El dom, 07-03-2010 a las 13:43 -0800, Marcel Holtmann escribió:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> > > This is for recovering:
> > > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/4619
> > >
> > > since more users are getting this problem and I would like to know if
> > > patches provided in that thread can be used and accepted by upstream or
> > > they are not good enough.
> >
> > In case they only got overlooked, I can of course resend them.
> >
> > If they are not good enough, mentioning the problems might be
> > helpful, so that I can do something about it ;)
>
> they didn't get overlooked. It was my mistake that I broke hcidump and I
> now put everything back in the library. So 4.62 should fix it. I was
> under the assumption that nothing ever used these symbols, but as it
> seems I was clearly wrong. Sorry about that.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

We should then simply wait for bluez-4.62 and, then, no patches would be
needed for bluez-hcidump, not? (or I have missed anything?)

Thanks a lot and best regards :-)

Attachments:
signature.asc (198.00 B)
Esta parte del mensaje est? firmada digitalmente

2010-03-07 21:43:59

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Stefan,

> > This is for recovering:
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/4619
> >
> > since more users are getting this problem and I would like to know if
> > patches provided in that thread can be used and accepted by upstream or
> > they are not good enough.
>
> In case they only got overlooked, I can of course resend them.
>
> If they are not good enough, mentioning the problems might be
> helpful, so that I can do something about it ;)

they didn't get overlooked. It was my mistake that I broke hcidump and I
now put everything back in the library. So 4.62 should fix it. I was
under the assumption that nothing ever used these symbols, but as it
seems I was clearly wrong. Sorry about that.

Regards

Marcel

2010-03-05 19:30:52

by Stefan Seyfried

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:48:42 +0100
Pacho Ramos <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is for recovering:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/4619
>
> since more users are getting this problem and I would like to know if
> patches provided in that thread can be used and accepted by upstream or
> they are not good enough.

In case they only got overlooked, I can of course resend them.

If they are not good enough, mentioning the problems might be
helpful, so that I can do something about it ;)

Have fun,

seife
--
Stefan Seyfried