2010-09-11 18:45:53

by [email protected]

Subject: dund

Hi All,

There was DUN daemon in bluez 2.x, but in current version it moved to
old daemons and considered deprecated. If I understand correctly its
aim is simple to launch pppd on incoming connection.

Is is possible to reach the same behaviour via current implementation
without dund? Currently I do need dund to sync my Palm with desktop; I
performed internet search and found not any solution.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards,
Ivan Baidakou

2010-09-13 20:47:39

by [email protected]

Subject: Re: dund

Hello,

OK, thanks, it solves the synchronization problem, but this is a
particular solution because it doesn't handles such cases as
web-browsing, ftp-uploading (Palm serves as FTP-server for convenient
file uploading from common desktop software) etc. So, there is need to
DUN-functionality. DUNd is deprecated, what comes instead of?

Best regards,
Ivan Baidakou