2011-04-04 22:22:31

by Brian Gix

Subject: Low Energy Security Manager

Hi Gustavo,

I (and a few others) are currently doing LE kernel development work off of:

git://gitorious.org/bluetooth-next/for-upstream.git

which is where Vinicius' LE Security Manager resides.

Acceptance of this body of work into bluetooth-next appears to have
stalled out, and I was wondering if you had a sense for when it may
start moving forward again. Are there any outstanding comments lodged
against it? I have looked through the mail reflector, and not seen
anything that should hold it up, beyond perhaps the normal quiet times
prior to pushing bluetooth-next changes up the food chain towards the
official kernel.

Is this what is occurring?

Thanks for your time,

--
Brian Gix
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

2011-04-06 01:24:05

by Vinicius Costa Gomes

Subject: Re: Low Energy Security Manager

On 22:03 Tue 05 Apr, Gustavo F. Padovan wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> * Brian Gix <[email protected]> [2011-04-04 15:22:31 -0700]:
>

> > Hi Gustavo,
> >
> > I (and a few others) are currently doing LE kernel development work off of:
> >
> > git://gitorious.org/bluetooth-next/for-upstream.git
> >
> > which is where Vinicius' LE Security Manager resides.
> >
> > Acceptance of this body of work into bluetooth-next appears to have
> > stalled out, and I was wondering if you had a sense for when it may
> > start moving forward again. Are there any outstanding comments lodged
> > against it? I have looked through the mail reflector, and not seen
> > anything that should hold it up, beyond perhaps the normal quiet times
> > prior to pushing bluetooth-next changes up the food chain towards the
> > official kernel.
>
> The reason is that Marcel also want to review it and he didn't finished his
> review it. So things can still changes. We have to be careful on adding new
> stuff like a whole layer. If we do something wrong we will have to support
> that for years and could be a bad thing. Once Marcel and me finish the review
> I will push everything to bluetooth-next. It shouldn't take so long now.

As a remimder I will re-send them, so everyone has a chance to take another
look.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Gustavo F. Padovan