2011-04-14 06:52:00

by Iain Hibbert

Subject: bugfix patches for hcidump

Hi

Is this still the correct place to post patches for hcidump?

I ask because I have posted a bugfix twice and so far been ignored, in my
opinion BlueZ *really* needs a bug tracker so things don't get lost..

iain

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/12276/match=

2011-04-14 09:10:21

by Iain Hibbert

Subject: Re: bugfix patches for hcidump

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Johan Hedberg wrote:

> Your patch email is still marked as "new" in my linux-bluetooth folder,
> so in that sense it's not lost. I've just forgotten to check back on
> older unapplied patches for a while.

Hence why a bugtracker would be good.. I previously unsubscribed from this
list because it turns into a patch dumping ground, and I guess that you
guys must feel pain trying to keep up..

> The reason why it didn't immediately go upstream was a coding style
> issue (missing space after a typecast) and the reuse of an iterator
> variable for something else than iteration. I don't remember what I was
> doing at the time when I glanced at your patch but it seems I must have
> been in quite a hurry since I didn't respond with these comments back
> then. Sorry about that.

Ok thanks (though you should be aware that I don't see space after cast
mentioned in the CodingStyle document :), will repost in a moment..

iain

2011-04-14 07:29:37

by Johan Hedberg

Hi Iain,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> Is this still the correct place to post patches for hcidump?

Yes.

> I ask because I have posted a bugfix twice and so far been ignored, in my
> opinion BlueZ *really* needs a bug tracker so things don't get lost..

Your patch email is still marked as "new" in my linux-bluetooth folder,
so in that sense it's not lost. I've just forgotten to check back on
older unapplied patches for a while. The reason why it didn't
immediately go upstream was a coding style issue (missing space after a
typecast) and the reuse of an iterator variable for something else than
iteration. I don't remember what I was doing at the time when I glanced
at your patch but it seems I must have been in quite a hurry since I
didn't respond with these comments back then. Sorry about that.

Johan