2011-07-09 16:38:51

by Gottfried Haider

Subject: PS3 Sixaxis status (input/sixaxis.c)

Hello all,

can anyone share some light on the current situation regarding Sixaxis
support on Linux? What is the recommended way of doing things?

I had high expectations when I found sixaxis.c in the bluez git tree -
but even after getting it to compile against the bluez version (4.91)
that comes with my xubuntu version, it still does not seem to work:
Setting the bluetooth master works nicely, and running "--store-info"
does seem to at least change the files trust, sdp, profiles and did
inside my /var/lib/bluetooth. But when I then press the PS button on
the controller, I see an active connection in Blueman, the controller
appears in the list of devices (this time with the trusted flag, but
not as paired), but disappears again after some seconds and comes back
with the trusted flag missing. If, in the mean time, I select to
connect to the "Input service" via the context menu, I receive a
"Connection refused (111)" error message. Similarly, if I choose to
pair the device via the context menu I am prompted with a dialog to
enter a PIN (but no joy when entering 1234 or similar).

Any suggestions? (or command line fun I am missing?)

I am attaching my hack'ish patch against the git input/sixaxis.c -
only compile-tested this against version 4.91, but some parts are
probably valid for upstream as well.

regards,
gohai

PS: Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list.

Attachments:
sixpair-bluez-4.91.patch (809.00 B)

2011-07-09 23:36:59

by Antonio Ospite

Subject: Re: PS3 Sixaxis status (input/sixaxis.c)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 18:40:58 +0200
Gottfried Haider <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I had high expectations when I found sixaxis.c in the bluez git tree -
> > but even after getting it to compile against the bluez version (4.91)
> > that comes with my xubuntu version, it still does not seem to work
>
> Forgot to add: I am running a recent kernel version (3.0.0-rc5).

input/sixaxis.c is going away, apply this patch to bluez for now,
it adds a new plugin which runs with bluez and does all the
paring/association work in background:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/861522/

I plan to send an updated version soon-ish.

Regards,
Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite