2012-06-07 05:38:30

by vishal agarwal

Subject: [RFC] Behaviour when LTK is generated as a slave

Hi Vinicius,

In file mgmtops.c in function mgmt_new_ltk, function bonding_complete
is called only if ev->key.master is true.
It means that as a slave when LTK is generated bonding_complete
function will not be called. Is it intended? If so please help me in
understanding this behaviour.

Thanks
Vishal

2012-06-07 19:43:43

by Vinicius Costa Gomes

Subject: Re: [RFC] Behaviour when LTK is generated as a slave

Hi Vishal,

On 11:08 Thu 07 Jun, vishal agarwal wrote:
> Hi Vinicius,
>
> In file mgmtops.c in function mgmt_new_ltk, function bonding_complete
> is called only if ev->key.master is true.
> It means that as a slave when LTK is generated bonding_complete
> function will not be called. Is it intended? If so please help me in
> understanding this behaviour.

Yes, it is intended. The purpose of that "master" field is to inform the
"direction" of the key.

For now, that we can only assume the Master role of LE connections, that check
may be kept simple as that. When we are able to support LE single mode
adapters (I don't know if it makes sense) that check may need some
re-thinking.

> Thanks
> Vishal

Vinicius