2014-04-01 02:20:22

by Zheng, Wu

Subject: Interface and the other properties is not provided when BT pan (NAP) is connected passively

Hi Johan;

We find that "org.bluez.NetworkServer1" doesn't provide any properties.

Only "org.bluez.Network1" provides the related properties.

It means that BT PANU or BT NAP connects with the other BT pan devices actively.
The related BT properties (such as interface) can be provided.

However, If BT NAP is connected passively, The related BT properties (such as interface) can't be provided.

In TIZEN scene, the related BT properties (such as interface) is required when BT NAP is connected passively.

How can we get the related BT properties?

Can you provide some suggestion? Thanks.

Best Regards
Zheng Wu

2014-04-01 08:37:05

by Zheng, Wu

Hi Johan,

>By "interface" I assume you mean "network interface"? (to avoid confusion e.g. with "D-Bus interface")
Yes. "interface" is such as "bnep0", "bnep1" and so on.

>To my understanding that shouldn't be needed. You provide a bridge name when you call NetworkServer1.Register() and new connections are automatically added to that bridge. What else do you need?
We want to get " network interface" such as "bnep0", "bnep1" and so on, not bridge name(such as "tether" and so on).

Just like that the properties of "org.bluez.Network1" provides " network interface " such as "bnep0", "bnep1" after bnep connection successfully.

Best Regards
Zheng Wu

> We find that "org.bluez.NetworkServer1" doesn't provide any properties.
>
> Only "org.bluez.Network1" provides the related properties.
>
> It means that BT PANU or BT NAP connects with the other BT pan devices actively.
> The related BT properties (such as interface) can be provided.

By "interface" I assume you mean "network interface"? (to avoid confusion e.g. with "D-Bus interface").

> However, If BT NAP is connected passively, The related BT properties
> (such as interface) can't be provided.
>
> In TIZEN scene, the related BT properties (such as interface) is
> required when BT NAP is connected passively.

To my understanding that shouldn't be needed. You provide a bridge name when you call NetworkServer1.Register() and new connections are automatically added to that bridge. What else do you need?

Johan

2014-04-01 08:01:09

by Hedberg, Johan