2016-06-09 20:39:13

by Don Zickus

Subject: working bluetooth obex test scripts?

Hi,

I was trying to put together some bluetooth obex test scripts to help
continuously verify that interface works reliably on various machines we
have.

However, I am not very successful with the stuff in the test/ directory.

I started by focusing on ftp-client -d <address> -l. I assume I had to run
the 'simple-obex-agent' on the machine with <address>.

Working around the dbus.SessionBus errors (I am connecting through ssh
instead of the desktop), I get 'Unable to find service record' after
ftp-client creates a session.

I think that is because it isn't connecting the remote agent correctly?

Anyway, pointers for good scripts to run to test the obex interface?

Cheers,
Don

2016-06-09 20:50:16

by Barry Byford

Subject: Re: working bluetooth obex test scripts?

Hello Don,

On 9 June 2016 at 21:39, Don Zickus <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to put together some bluetooth obex test scripts to help
> continuously verify that interface works reliably on various machines we
> have.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is you are looking to do.

If you only want to check that you are submitting to DBus correctly
then you might want to take a look at the dbusmock library.

It only has limited support for Bluez currently but there are some
templates in there that are helpful. They have one for obex:
https://github.com/martinpitt/python-dbusmock/blob/master/dbusmock/templates/bluez5-obex.py

Regards,
Barry