2019-02-25 08:55:09

by Atul Kumar Rai

Subject: Query regarding BLE Mesh provisioning

Hi,

We are looking to enable BLE Mesh in our setup.
But it seems currently only PB-ADV based mesh node role is supported by bluetooth-meshd,while meshctl only supports PB-GATT based mesh provisioner.
Could you please let us know, by when mesh provisioner role support will be available in bluetooth-meshd.
Also please guide me on, "how to provision bluetooth-meshd based node" currently.

- Regards,
Atul Kumar Rai

2019-02-27 18:36:26

by Gix, Brian

Subject: RE: Query regarding BLE Mesh provisioning

Hi Atul,

ADV based Provisioner role is at the top of my TODO list for support, and that is what I am personally working on supporting next. It requires some extra D-Bus interfaces to allow control of a Mesh Network (both for Provisioning and as "Configuration Client") and then will also require an Application (external to the daemon) which will use the new APIs.

> Could you please let us know, by when mesh provisioner role support will be
> available in bluetooth-meshd.
> Also please guide me on, "how to provision bluetooth-meshd based node"
> currently.

If you have an ADV based provisioner, you can currently run the test/test-join python script:

% python3 test/test-join

which if successful will create a new local mesh node.