2019-07-29 14:23:57

by Mahaboob Nazeer SK

Subject: No default controller available error

Hi,

I just cloned the latest Bluez and tried to install it with mesh enabled. The installation was
successful. But when i run the mesh control and try to do discover-unprovisioned,i am facing below error.I also get same error when i tried with bluetoothctl.

$ meshctl
Waiting to connect to bluetoothd...Reading prov_db.json and local_node.json from /home/nazeer/.config/meshctl directory
[meshctl]# discover-unprovisioned on
No default controller available
[meshctl]#

I checked weather the service was running. And found it was running fine

sudo systemctl status bluetooth
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2019-07-29 19:06:39 IST; 1min 18s ago
Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
Main PID: 18612 (bluetoothd)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 4489)
Memory: 708.0K
CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
└─18612 /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Jul 29 19:06:39 nazeer systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Jul 29 19:06:39 nazeer bluetoothd[18612]: Bluetooth daemon 5.50
Jul 29 19:06:39 nazeer systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Jul 29 19:06:39 nazeer bluetoothd[18612]: Starting SDP server
Jul 29 19:06:39 nazeer bluetoothd[18612]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized

I request to please provide me a solution.

Regards,
Nazeer.

2019-07-30 10:26:03

by Michał Lowas-Rzechonek

Subject: Re: No default controller available error

Hi Nazeer,

On 07/29, Mahaboob Nazeer SK wrote:
> I just cloned the latest Bluez and tried to install it with mesh
> enabled. The installation was successful. But when i run the mesh
> control and try to do discover-unprovisioned,i am facing below error.I
> also get same error when i tried with bluetoothctl.
>
> $ meshctl
> Waiting to connect to bluetoothd...
> Reading prov_db.json and local_node.json from /home/nazeer/.config/meshctl directory
> [meshctl]# discover-unprovisioned on
> No default controller available

FYI, most of the development effort is now focused on bluetooth-meshd,
which supports ADV bearer. Meshctl is a GATT proxy client and is going
to be phased out.

Please take a look at doc/mesh-api.txt instead.

Also note that at the moment it's not possible to run 'regulard'
bluetoothd and bluetooth-meshd on a single HCI interface.

regards
--
Michał Lowas-Rzechonek <[email protected]>
Silvair http://silvair.com