2009-03-08 18:31:55

by James Le Cuirot

Subject: bnep should not depend on IPv6

Hi,

I've been playing with networking in Bluez to some degree of success. I
found that whenever a PANU client tried to connect to my NAP, the bnep0
interface would fail to come up. It would only start working after
bringing it up manually. I checked out the log and found errors that
said "Bad file descriptor(9)". I looked at the source and traced this
back to network/connection.c where there are two calls to socket() with
AF_INET6 given as an argument. I don't have IPv6 support included in my
kernel so I changed these to AF_INET and everything started working.
I'm don't know what the real fix for this is, probably some kind of
ifdef construct, but I'm sure you'll know what to do.

Cheers,
James

2009-03-09 13:10:10

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: bnep should not depend on IPv6

Hi James,

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM, James Le Cuirot <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:31:55 +0000
> James Le Cuirot <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I looked at the source and traced this
>> back to network/connection.c where there are two calls to socket()
>> with AF_INET6 given as an argument.
>
> Sorry, I actually meant network/common.c.

Good catch I will have a look at it.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa??o