2009-03-15 07:18:09

by Han

Subject: question about "Create Connection Cancel"

Hi,

I am a beginner to use bluez library to do bluetooth programming. I am
using Ubuntu with 2.6.27-11 kernel and bluez 4.32 installed.

When I try to connect to another computer using RFCOMM, it failed and
I got the following log from hcidump:

< HCI Command: Create Connection Cancel (0x01|0x0008) plen 6
bdaddr 00:1C:26:F6:41:02
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Create Connection Cancel (0x01|0x0008) status 0x01 ncmd 1
Error: Unknown HCI Command

What does this message mean ?

Strange enough, if I run the same program from another computer to
connect to this one, it succeeded.

btw, the code I wrote to do the connection is as following:

<snipped>
/*
* open the Bluetooth socket
*/
s = socket(AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_STREAM, BTPROTO_RFCOMM);
if (s == -1) {
perror("socket create failed");
exit(1);
}

addr.rc_family = AF_BLUETOOTH;
addr.rc_channel = 1;
str2ba(dest, &addr.rc_bdaddr);

status = connect(s, (struct sockaddr *)&addr,
sizeof(addr));
<snipped>

The connect returned status -1, and error string is: "Operation now in
progress".

Thanks in advance.
Han