2009-09-16 06:33:55

by Madula Sasikiran

Subject: Is there any limit on the bluetooth share folder in linux either in bluez stack or in obex ftp?

Hi,

I tried to send a file of more than 2 GB using bluetooth in linux. It
says "Error while copying. There is not enough space on the destination.
Try to remove files to make space". When I look for more details it says
"There is 2.0GB available, but 2.8GB required", but the file size I am
trying to send is 2.8 GB, also in the other end it has more space than
the file size. I am trying to copy the file from laptop1 to laptop2 with
a share folder as "x" in laptop2. I used several vendor dongles. All of
them behave the same way. When I check for the properties of folder x in
laptop1 it shows as 2.0 GB used and 2.0 GB free. But actually the share
folder is not filled by 2.0GB, but it is more. I used linux 2.6.28 and
2.6.31 kernel versions with bluez 4.32. I even verified with 2.6.31 with
4.32 bluez and 2.6.28 with 4.53 bluez. All of them behave the same way.
Could some body suggest me where is the issue and how to rectify the issue.

Thanks,
Sasikiran.

2009-09-16 14:56:13

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Sasikiran,

> >> I tried to send a file of more than 2 GB using bluetooth in linux. It
> >> says "Error while copying. There is not enough space on the destination.
> >> Try to remove files to make space". When I look for more details it says
> >> "There is 2.0GB available, but 2.8GB required", but the file size I am
> >> trying to send is 2.8 GB, also in the other end it has more space than
> >> the file size. I am trying to copy the file from laptop1 to laptop2 with
> >> a share folder as "x" in laptop2. I used several vendor dongles. All of
> >> them behave the same way. When I check for the properties of folder x in
> >> laptop1 it shows as 2.0 GB used and 2.0 GB free. But actually the share
> >> folder is not filled by 2.0GB, but it is more. I used linux 2.6.28 and
> >> 2.6.31 kernel versions with bluez 4.32. I even verified with 2.6.31 with
> >> 4.32 bluez and 2.6.28 with 4.53 bluez. All of them behave the same way.
> >> Could some body suggest me where is the issue and how to rectify the
> >> issue.
> >>

> > BlueZ comes neither with an OBEX server nor an OBEX client. Which client
> > and server are you using? AFAIK by using standard OBEX FTP the only way
> > for the client to know the amount of free space in the server is through
> > the capability object. Maybe the capability object on server contains
> > false information or then your client is interpreting it incorrectly.
> >

> By default Linux comes with obex-data-server. I am using that itself. Do
> you think I need to update that and try. If so can you tell me what
> version has the fix.

neither from Johan or me you will get help on obex-data-server. We are
focusing on obexd and I don't remember it having any of these issues.

Regards

Marcel

2009-09-16 09:15:21

by Madula Sasikiran

Johan Hedberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009, Sasikiran Maddula wrote:
>
>> I tried to send a file of more than 2 GB using bluetooth in linux. It
>> says "Error while copying. There is not enough space on the destination.
>> Try to remove files to make space". When I look for more details it says
>> "There is 2.0GB available, but 2.8GB required", but the file size I am
>> trying to send is 2.8 GB, also in the other end it has more space than
>> the file size. I am trying to copy the file from laptop1 to laptop2 with
>> a share folder as "x" in laptop2. I used several vendor dongles. All of
>> them behave the same way. When I check for the properties of folder x in
>> laptop1 it shows as 2.0 GB used and 2.0 GB free. But actually the share
>> folder is not filled by 2.0GB, but it is more. I used linux 2.6.28 and
>> 2.6.31 kernel versions with bluez 4.32. I even verified with 2.6.31 with
>> 4.32 bluez and 2.6.28 with 4.53 bluez. All of them behave the same way.
>> Could some body suggest me where is the issue and how to rectify the
>> issue.
>>

> BlueZ comes neither with an OBEX server nor an OBEX client. Which client
> and server are you using? AFAIK by using standard OBEX FTP the only way
> for the client to know the amount of free space in the server is through
> the capability object. Maybe the capability object on server contains
> false information or then your client is interpreting it incorrectly.
>
> Johan

By default Linux comes with obex-data-server. I am using that itself. Do
you think I need to update that and try. If so can you tell me what
version has the fix.

Thanks,
Sasikiran.

2009-09-16 06:49:33