2009-09-16 12:25:14

by Peter Hurley

Subject: Install of conf files

The following source config files are not installed during make install:
audio/audio.conf
network/network.conf
serial/serial.conf
input/input.conf
Why are main.conf & rfcomm.conf the only conf files that are installed?
(I suspect that it's an oversight and these files should be listed as
conf_DATA in Makefile.am)

Regards,
Peter Hurley

2009-09-16 15:18:24

by Peter Hurley

Subject: Re: Install of conf files

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> The following source config files are not installed during make install:
>> audio/audio.conf
>> network/network.conf
>> serial/serial.conf
>> input/input.conf
>> Why are main.conf & rfcomm.conf the only conf files that are installed?
>> (I suspect that it's an oversight and these files should be listed as
>> conf_DATA in Makefile.am)
>>
> it is no oversight. It is on purpose. The default values of these files
> should be fine and we do wanna ensure that. It is up to the users to
> modify them.

Ok, thanks for info. That does mean that someone that does an install
of 4.52 over 4.36 will be using HSP rather than HFP (since the default
has changed in audio/audio.conf).

Peter

2009-09-16 14:54:15

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Peter,

> The following source config files are not installed during make install:
> audio/audio.conf
> network/network.conf
> serial/serial.conf
> input/input.conf
> Why are main.conf & rfcomm.conf the only conf files that are installed?
> (I suspect that it's an oversight and these files should be listed as
> conf_DATA in Makefile.am)

it is no oversight. It is on purpose. The default values of these files
should be fine and we do wanna ensure that. It is up to the users to
modify them.

Regards

Marcel