2010-01-20 18:21:45

by Philip Oberstaller

Subject: Scan of already paired devices

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to see already paired devices in
the scan results?

My scenario is the following:
First I create a connection from my host to a device and pair the device
and the host. Then I disconnect the connection by simply switching off
the device. I remove the pairing at the host but obviously cannot remove
the pairing from the device because there is no connection anymore. If I
then switch on the device again I am not able to find it in the scanning
results because the device has stored the "old" pairing and thus seems
to be invisible.

The device reappears in the scanning results only when I remove the
pairing at the device itself.

Thus anybody know what I could do from the host side to be able to make
the device "visible" again.

I am forced to use a quiet old bluez version 3.33. Maybe this behavior
has changed in the meantime?

I am grateful for any hints.

Philip Oberstaller

2010-01-20 18:21:37

by Iain Hibbert

Subject: Re: Scan of already paired devices

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Philip Oberstaller wrote:

> Thus anybody know what I could do from the host side to be able to make the
> device "visible" again.

Obviously, you cannot control the device from the host if you are not even
connected to it..

What device is it? If it is a phone then it may be possible to make it
visible always, but many limited connection devices (HID, or headphones
etc) will not advertise themselves if they have a pairing as there is no
point to do that and it wastes power.

regards,
iain