2010-07-27 11:27:49

by Harald Schmitt

Subject: obexd 0.29 and N900 PC Suite

Hi,

there are several users who test obexd 0.29 on the Nokia N900 running
Maemo in order to have PBAP support. There are success reports with
PBAP, but at the same time they cannot usb sync via Nokia PC Suite
anymore. Is there any chance to get PC Suite working again in a future
obexd version or does this depend on a non free Nokia code?
Can you give any hints where to look at?
In a forum a user posted success (with 0.19) and failure (with 0.29) logs:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=763550#post763550

Best regards,
Harald

2010-07-29 15:36:48

by Harald Schmitt

Subject: Re: obexd 0.29 and N900 PC Suite

Hi,

Am 27.07.2010 15:03, schrieb Luiz Augusto von Dentz:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Harald Schmitt<[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are several users who test obexd 0.29 on the Nokia N900 running Maemo
>> in order to have PBAP support. There are success reports with PBAP, but at
>> the same time they cannot usb sync via Nokia PC Suite anymore. Is there any
>> chance to get PC Suite working again in a future obexd version or does this
>> depend on a non free Nokia code?
>> Can you give any hints where to look at?
>> In a forum a user posted success (with 0.19) and failure (with 0.29) logs:
>> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=763550#post763550
>
> First thanks a lot for this feedback, I wasn't aware that there were
> somebody trying to use newer version of obexd in N900, I will take a
> look how I can make usb compatible with N900, actually it should be
> just as bluetooth and work no matter which platform you are using but
> we are not there yet :(
>
> In the meantime you can try reverting the patch bellow and see if it helps:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/obexd.git;a=commitdiff;h=6f56a4355585eb29535782f977ba545cc41dd382

Thanks for the hint. I built a package from 0.29, the patches from
meego.gitorious.org and the reverted patch. Some from the community
tested it and PC Suite via USB did work. Of course obexd had to be
started with the added option "--capability
!/usr/bin/gen-obex-capability.sh".

--
Harald Schmitt

2010-07-27 13:03:39

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Harald Schmitt <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are several users who test obexd 0.29 on the Nokia N900 running Maemo
> in order to have PBAP support. There are success reports with PBAP, but at
> the same time they cannot usb sync via Nokia PC Suite anymore. Is there any
> chance to get PC Suite working again in a future obexd version or does this
> depend on a non free Nokia code?
> Can you give any hints where to look at?
> In a forum a user posted success (with 0.19) and failure (with 0.29) logs:
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=763550#post763550

First thanks a lot for this feedback, I wasn't aware that there were
somebody trying to use newer version of obexd in N900, I will take a
look how I can make usb compatible with N900, actually it should be
just as bluetooth and work no matter which platform you are using but
we are not there yet :(

In the meantime you can try reverting the patch bellow and see if it helps:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/obexd.git;a=commitdiff;h=6f56a4355585eb29535782f977ba545cc41dd382

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer