2010-08-05 18:52:52

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: NoInputNoOutput and legacy pairing?

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the NoInputNoOutput mode for registering
agents for BlueZ. What happens when there's a legacy pin request and the
mode is NoInputNoOutput? Will it fallback to standard pin code pairing?

My system is working in an environment where no screen or no keyboard is
available so I can't pair with a random number. Thing is in some cases I
still need to fallback to a hardcoded pin because some cellphones
require it.

Manuel

2010-08-05 20:58:12

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: Re: NoInputNoOutput and legacy pairing?

>> > I have a question regarding the NoInputNoOutput mode for registering
>> > agents for BlueZ. What happens when there's a legacy pin request and
>> > the mode is NoInputNoOutput? Will it fallback to standard pin code
>> > pairing?

Great thanks. I know how to go on now.

BTW what happened to the wiki? This are the kind of things that would be
easy to address by just looking at it.

2010-08-05 19:53:14

by Johan Hedberg

Hi Manuel,

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010, Manuel Naranjo wrote:
> I have a question regarding the NoInputNoOutput mode for registering
> agents for BlueZ. What happens when there's a legacy pin request and
> the mode is NoInputNoOutput? Will it fallback to standard pin code
> pairing?

Yes. The IO capability is only relevant for Secure Simple Pairing. It
doesn't matter what capability you give for legacy pairing since you'll
always get a pin request then.

Johan