2010-09-09 12:46:33

by Radoslaw Jablonski

Subject: MAP implementation status

Hi all,
We plan to start implementation of Message Access Profile Server as
obexd plugin. Before we start with coding part I need to check if
someone else started implementing MAP Server, MNS Server of Map client.
If some code is already available, then we could combine our forces to
add MAP support for OBEXD.

Thanks for any response,
Radek

2010-09-13 10:11:02

by Counihan, Tom

Subject: RE: MAP implementation status

Hi Radoslaw,

This is something I've been focusing on recently.
Attached is my modest start to this.
My initial strategy - even though its IVI client side I'm most interested in - was to tackle server side, essentially bring up both sides of the interface incrementally.
I was going to employ a strategy of, instead of doing it in big bulk, dropping small unobtrusive patches into the trunk, so interested people could see and contribute to the activity.
I'm struggling in defining the right level of patch to upstream - maybe folks here can comment on the attached - is it of acceptable substance or would more meat be require to make it a meaningful contribution?

I've taken on board the suggestion from Marcel and Johan to focus on SMS data first. That makes sense to me.
Hope the above and attached is of use.

Looking forward to hearing from you - any thoughts/insights/criticism are most welcome.

Regards
Tom
Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare

0001-Initial-intro-for-MAP.patch (7.92 kB)
0001-Initial-intro-for-MAP.patch

2010-09-10 18:26:18

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Gustavo F. Padovan
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Radoslaw,
>
> * Radoslaw Jablonski <[email protected]> [2010-09-09 15:46:33 +0300]:
>

>> ? Hi all,
>> We plan to start implementation of Message Access Profile Server as
>> obexd plugin. Before we start with coding part I need to check if
>> someone else started implementing MAP Server, MNS Server of Map client.
>> If some code is already available, then we could combine our forces to
>> add MAP support for OBEXD.
>
> We had a Google Summer of Code Project on MAP this year. Vinicius was
> the mentor, he can talk about.

iirc it was mainly a MAP client, the other parts that are missing is:

- MAP plugin + drivers
- Backend infrastructure
- Backends

--