2012-11-06 09:10:55

by [email protected]

Subject: Multiple adapters do not work

Dear list,

I am trying to use multiple adapters to control multiple bluetooth devices.
But it doesn't work. I already mailed it to this list but got no replay.
I know that normally this isn't the way to do this, but I am trying to avoid another
problem.

I bind 4 devices to 4 adapters as follows:

rfcomm -i hci0 bind rfcomm1 10:00:E8:6C:D8:14 1
rfcomm -i hci1 bind rfcomm2 10:00:E8:6C:D8:1D 1
rfcomm -i hci2 bind rfcomm3 10:00:E8:6C:EC:98 1
rfcomm -i hci3 bind rfcomm4 10:00:E8:6C:D7:D9 1

But, using minicom, I can only connect to the first device,
the others give either
cannot open /dev/rfcomm3: Connection refused
or
cannot open /dev/rfcomm4: No such file or directory

All devices are available:
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 1 Nov 6 09:49 /dev/rfcomm1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 2 Nov 6 09:46 /dev/rfcomm2
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 3 Nov 6 09:46 /dev/rfcomm3
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 4 Nov 6 09:46 /dev/rfcomm4

What am I doing wrong?
(Using Ubuntu 12.04 with bluez-4.101 install from source.)

Regards,
Sietse

PS On a side note: I think there is a bug in the rfcomm manual page.

I don't understand the desciption of the -i parameter, but it is the same for years, The desciption looks mangled.
-i <hciX> | <bdaddr>
The command is applied to device -A Enable authentication. -E Enable encryption. -S Secure connection. -M Become the master of a piconet. hciX , which must be the
name or
the address of an installed Bluetooth device. If not specified, the command will be use the first available Bluetooth device.
The mentioning of -A to -M should be removed I guess.