2013-03-19 22:48:59

by Graham Burnside

Subject: ralink rt3290/3298 pcie

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had had a look into or discussed this wifi /
bluetooth combo card with ralink? It came present in my new HP laptop,
so I'm guessing its quite common.

I have the wifi working perfectly from the rt2x00 backports, but can't
find any mention of the bluetooth device. I have also emailed ralink, so
will post anything useful back here.

Details as follows:

+-1c.0-[01]--+-00.0 Ralink corp. Device 3290
| \-00.1 Ralink corp. Device 3298

Thanks,

Graham

--

Get my public signing / encryption OpenPGP key at:
https://www.somethingshocking.com/grahamPublicPGP.key

2013-03-20 16:58:13

by Gustavo Padovan

Subject: Re: ralink rt3290/3298 pcie

Hi Graham,

* Graham Burnside <[email protected]> [2013-03-19 22:48:59 +0000]:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had had a look into or discussed this wifi /
> bluetooth combo card with ralink? It came present in my new HP laptop,
> so I'm guessing its quite common.
>
> I have the wifi working perfectly from the rt2x00 backports, but can't
> find any mention of the bluetooth device. I have also emailed ralink, so
> will post anything useful back here.
>
> Details as follows:
>
> +-1c.0-[01]--+-00.0 Ralink corp. Device 3290
> | \-00.1 Ralink corp. Device 3298

You are saying that you don't even see the device with 'hciconfig', right?

So please post the output of /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices for the bluetooth
device here so we can more information about this device.

Gustavo