2013-04-16 08:47:13

by Harvey

Subject: Progress an Broadcom BCM20702A0 USB adapter (id 0489:e031)

Hello folks,

a short summary of the situation concerning the adapter mentioned above
with latest kernel 3.8.7:

When the bluetooth service is started a device hci0 is created. The
adaper still needs a firmware upload to work properly.

I extracted the firmware from the windows driver and converted it to hcd
format using hex2hcd.

There is a tool called
'brcm_patchram_plus'(http://code.google.com/p/broadcom-bluetooth/source/browse/brcm_patchram_plus.c)
that loads the firmware into the adapter.

After that the adapter is working with linux-bluetooth.

Question: Is there any way to perform the upload without using 3rd party
tools? Can bluetoothd do this by itself?

Thank you
Harvey

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you'd better have a backup!