2018-01-27 00:20:21

by Thomas Green

Subject: More keyboard issues

Hi all,

I'm testing more keyboards with 5.48 and have found issues with two other k=
eyboards. In this case the problem is during pairing. The two keyboards i=
n question are the SIIG AAZ2448 and the ANKER A7221. The current issue is=
that during pairing of these two keyboards we are given a PIN code display=
, so I enter it on the keyboard and nothing happens, and eventually the pai=
ring times out. =20

[bluetooth]# pair 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
Attempting to pair with 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
[CHG] Device 20:73:03:A4:18:4D Connected: yes
[agent] PIN code: 851841
[Anker A7721]#
[ 282.174342] WARNING: at net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:322 hci_conn_timeout+0x=
44/0x198()
Failed to pair: org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationTimeout
[Anker A7721]#

This happens about 95% of the time. The other 5% the pairing completes and=
everything works fine.

I could attach btmon output and output from running bluetoothd -d -n, but n=
othing interesting happens from the time the pincode is displayed and the t=
imeout occurs.

Where do I begin to look for why the pincode isn't being transmitted back f=
rom the keyboards? Why is it inconsistent?

As an interesting side note the Apple keyboard that I'm having the driver l=
oading trouble uses the same pairing mechanism and it works well every time=
. (and all of these keyboards worked fine in 4.101)

Thanks in advance
Tom

2018-01-31 09:29:16

by Szymon Janc

Subject: Re: More keyboard issues

Hi,

On Saturday, 27 January 2018 01:20:21 CET Thomas Green wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing more keyboards with 5.48 and have found issues with two other
> keyboards. In this case the problem is during pairing. The two keyboards
> in question are the SIIG AAZ2448 and the ANKER A7221. The current issue
> is that during pairing of these two keyboards we are given a PIN code
> display, so I enter it on the keyboard and nothing happens, and eventually
> the pairing times out.
>
> [bluetooth]# pair 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
> Attempting to pair with 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
> [CHG] Device 20:73:03:A4:18:4D Connected: yes
> [agent] PIN code: 851841
> [Anker A7721]#
> [ 282.174342] WARNING: at net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:322
> hci_conn_timeout+0x44/0x198() Failed to pair:
> org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationTimeout
> [Anker A7721]#
>
> This happens about 95% of the time. The other 5% the pairing completes and
> everything works fine.
>
> I could attach btmon output and output from running bluetoothd -d -n, but
> nothing interesting happens from the time the pincode is displayed and the
> timeout occurs.
>
> Where do I begin to look for why the pincode isn't being transmitted back
> from the keyboards? Why is it inconsistent?
>
> As an interesting side note the Apple keyboard that I'm having the driver
> time. (and all of these keyboards worked fine in 4.101)

Get full btmon logs first, ideally from the moment you power on BT adapter.

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

2018-02-09 14:15:00

by Szymon Janc

Hi,

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 20:48:13 CET Thomas Green wrote:
> Hi Szymon,
>
> Was this helpful to you?

This looks like issue on controller, not host (bluez) but since you worte it
worked on 4.101 maybe we could circumvent it.

Would it be possible to get btmon traces from 4.101 and from good scenario on
5.48?

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon Janc

2018-02-07 19:48:13

by Thomas Green

Hi Szymon,

Was this helpful to you?

Tom

>On Saturday, 27 January 2018 01:20:21 CET Thomas Green wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm testing more keyboards with 5.48 and have found issues with two=20
>> other keyboards. In this case the problem is during pairing. The two k=
eyboards
>> in question are the SIIG AAZ2448 and the ANKER A7221. The current issu=
>> is that during pairing of these two keyboards we are given a PIN code=20
>> display, so I enter it on the keyboard and nothing happens, and=20
>> eventually the pairing times out.
>>=20
>> [bluetooth]# pair 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
>> Attempting to pair with 20:73:03:A4:18:4D [CHG] Device=20
>> 20:73:03:A4:18:4D Connected: yes [agent] PIN code: 851841 [Anker=20
>> A7721]# [ 282.174342] WARNING: at net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:322
>> hci_conn_timeout+0x44/0x198() Failed to pair:
>> org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationTimeout
>> [Anker A7721]#
>>=20
>> This happens about 95% of the time. The other 5% the pairing=20
>> completes and everything works fine.
>>=20
>> I could attach btmon output and output from running bluetoothd -d -n,=20
>> but nothing interesting happens from the time the pincode is=20
>> displayed and the timeout occurs.
>>=20
>> Where do I begin to look for why the pincode isn't being transmitted=20
>> back from the keyboards? Why is it inconsistent?
>>=20
>> As an interesting side note the Apple keyboard that I'm having the=20
>> driver loading trouble uses the same pairing mechanism and it works=20
>> well every time. (and all of these keyboards worked fine in 4.101)
>
>Get full btmon logs first, ideally from the moment you power on BT adapter=
.

>--
>pozdrawiam
>Szymon Janc

The log file is attached to this email....

Tom

2018-02-01 17:47:32

by Thomas Green

Szymon,

Thanks for the reply,
>Hi,
>
>On Saturday, 27 January 2018 01:20:21 CET Thomas Green wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm testing more keyboards with 5.48 and have found issues with two
>> other keyboards. In this case the problem is during pairing. The two keyboards
>> in question are the SIIG AAZ2448 and the ANKER A7221. The current issue
>> is that during pairing of these two keyboards we are given a PIN code
>> display, so I enter it on the keyboard and nothing happens, and
>> eventually the pairing times out.
>>
>> [bluetooth]# pair 20:73:03:A4:18:4D
>> Attempting to pair with 20:73:03:A4:18:4D [CHG] Device
>> 20:73:03:A4:18:4D Connected: yes [agent] PIN code: 851841 [Anker
>> A7721]# [ 282.174342] WARNING: at net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c:322
>> hci_conn_timeout+0x44/0x198() Failed to pair:
>> org.bluez.Error.AuthenticationTimeout
>> [Anker A7721]#
>>
>> This happens about 95% of the time. The other 5% the pairing
>> completes and everything works fine.
>>
>> I could attach btmon output and output from running bluetoothd -d -n,
>> but nothing interesting happens from the time the pincode is displayed
>> and the timeout occurs.
>>
>> Where do I begin to look for why the pincode isn't being transmitted
>> back from the keyboards? Why is it inconsistent?
>>
>> As an interesting side note the Apple keyboard that I'm having the
>> driver loading trouble uses the same pairing mechanism and it works
>> well every time. (and all of these keyboards worked fine in 4.101)
>
>Get full btmon logs first, ideally from the moment you power on BT adapter.
>
>--
>pozdrawiam
>Szymon Janc

The log file is attached to this email....

Tom

Attachments:
btmon.out.gz (65.17 kB)
btmon.out.gz