2015-06-18 08:24:10

by dogan yazar

Subject: Detect client connection using dbus api

I use gatt-api to register my services but then could not find a way
to detect that a client is connected and discovering my services.
Any ideas?

2015-06-22 09:28:42

by dogan yazar

Subject: Re: Detect client connection using dbus api

Thanks. Yeah could not really find a better way for now.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Andrejs Hanins
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 06/18/2015 12:02 PM, dogan yazar wrote:
>> Thanks for the answer. How does it differentiate if it is a client or
>> a server? If bluez work as a client and connect to a device, same
>> property will be set anyway.
> Just an idea: If BlueZ is a client, then someone does initiate the connect
> explicitly by calling Connect() D-Bus method on a given device path, so we
> know whom we are connecting to. But there may be a better way...
>

>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Andrejs Hanins
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> In case of connected client, there will be a org.bluez.Device1 object created
>>> with Connected propery set to "true". So if you would like to track connect/disconnect
>>> events, you should listed for this property changes. At least, this is how I do it.

2015-06-18 09:19:41

by Andrejs Hanins

On 06/18/2015 12:02 PM, dogan yazar wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. How does it differentiate if it is a client or
> a server? If bluez work as a client and connect to a device, same
> property will be set anyway.
Just an idea: If BlueZ is a client, then someone does initiate the connect
explicitly by calling Connect() D-Bus method on a given device path, so we
know whom we are connecting to. But there may be a better way...

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Andrejs Hanins
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 06/18/2015 11:24 AM, dogan yazar wrote:
>>> I use gatt-api to register my services but then could not find a way
>>> to detect that a client is connected and discovering my services.
>>> Any ideas?
>> In case of connected client, there will be a org.bluez.Device1 object created
>> with Connected propery set to "true". So if you would like to track connect/disconnect
>> events, you should listed for this property changes. At least, this is how I do it.
>>> --
>>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>>> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2015-06-18 09:02:43

by dogan yazar