2009-07-29 12:42:25

by Rafael Seste

Subject: Obex with no X

Hi all,

I'm trying to use obex to retrieve the contacts from my mobile using PBAP.
In the test folder I'm only able to run obex-test and it retrieves all
contacts from my mobile. But I would like to use the python scripts
and they aren't working.
I'm running it with bluez 4.42 and kernel 2.6.30 without the X
installed, I installed libopenobex from ubuntu repo.

When I ran pbab-client the output was:

dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch failed to
autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

Googling I found that SeesionDbus() need the X installed. So I
changed to SystemDbus(). I don't know if this is right.
After the output was:

dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FileInvalid: Cannot do system-bus
activation with no user

So I added to the file /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/obex-client.service
"User=root"

and the error changed again

dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FailedToSetup: Failed to setup
environment correctly

Is it possible to run obex with dbus with the X installed?
If so, what am I doing wrong? or what is missing?

thanks in advance

--
Rafael S. Seste

2009-07-29 19:28:57

by Rafael Seste

Subject: Re: Obex with no X

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Luiz Augusto von
Dentz<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Rafael Seste<[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to use obex to retrieve the contacts from my mobile using PBAP.
>> In the test folder I'm only able to run obex-test and it retrieves all
>> contacts from my mobile. But I would like to use the python scripts
>> and they aren't working.
>> I'm running it with bluez 4.42 and kernel 2.6.30 without the X
>> installed, I installed libopenobex from ubuntu repo.
>>
>> When I ran pbab-client the output was:
>>
>> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
>> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch failed to
>> autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.
>
> I don't think buses really depend on X, what happen is that normally a
> session bus created by login. Please take a look at man page of
> dbus-launch the section AUTOMATIC LAUNCHING seems to tell about the
> relation of X and --autolaunch.

I read the man page and found that the environment variable
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS is not exported.
I exported it with the same value from ~/.dbus/session-bus/ but it
still does not work. I got this error

dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoServer:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-EtKMcBkowv: Connection refused

> OTOH it shouldn't be difficult to have obexd on system bus so you
> wouldn't have to bother creating an session exclusively for obexd.

Could you help me with that? I don't know much about dbus.

I changed to system bus and got an error;
Cannot do system-bus activation with no user

> Regards,
>
> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Engenheiro de Computa??o

Rafael S. Seste

2009-07-29 17:46:16

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Rafael Seste<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use obex to retrieve the contacts from my mobile using PBAP.
> In the test folder I'm only able to run obex-test and it retrieves all
> contacts from my mobile. But I would like to use the python scripts
> and they aren't working.
> I'm running it with bluez 4.42 and kernel 2.6.30 without the X
> installed, I installed libopenobex from ubuntu repo.
>
> When I ran pbab-client the output was:
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch failed to
> autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

I don't think buses really depend on X, what happen is that normally a
session bus created by login. Please take a look at man page of
dbus-launch the section AUTOMATIC LAUNCHING seems to tell about the
relation of X and --autolaunch.

OTOH it shouldn't be difficult to have obexd on system bus so you
wouldn't have to bother creating an session exclusively for obexd.

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa??o

2009-07-29 14:33:19

by Rafael Seste

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Rafael Seste<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use obex to retrieve the contacts from my mobile using PBAP.
> In the test folder I'm only able to run obex-test and it retrieves all
> contacts from my mobile. But I would like to use the python scripts
> and they aren't working.
> I'm running it with bluez 4.42 and kernel 2.6.30 without the X
> installed, I installed libopenobex from ubuntu repo.
>
> When I ran pbab-client the output was:
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: dbus-launch failed to
> autolaunch D-Bus session: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.
>
> Googling ?I found that SeesionDbus() need the X installed. So I
> changed to SystemDbus(). I don't know if this is right.
> After the output was:
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FileInvalid: Cannot do system-bus
> activation with no user
>
> So I added to the file /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/obex-client.service
> "User=root"
>
> and the error changed again
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FailedToSetup: Failed to setup
> environment correctly
>

> Is it possible to run obex with dbus with the X installed?
Sorry, I mean __without__ X installed!!!!

--
Rafael S. Seste