2022-02-26 02:41:04

by Jay Foster

Subject: Missing Network1 Interface

I have an application that has been in use for many years.  Recently I
have added support for a different Bluetooth adapter (RTL8821CU using
the btrtl linux driver).  Mostly, things work as expected.

One application is PAN networking, where the adapter can be in the NAP
role or PANU role.  When the new adapter is configured in the NAP role,
the PANU system cannot connect.  Using DBus introspection, I can see
that the device to which the PANU is trying to connect is missing it's
org.bluez.Network1 interface.  My application uses the Connect method of
this interface to connect to the NAP role system.

What would cause a device to lose (not report) it's Network1 interface?
I have tried several different versions of BlueZ (5.19 through 5.63)
with the same results.

Jay