2010-02-08 06:19:03

by John Frankish

Subject: bluez and a2dp sennheiser pcx310 headphones

Hi,

Using the .asoundrc below with bluez-4.53, I've been able to play music to a pair of sennheiser pcx310 headphones without problems, but although the remote volume control on the headphones works, the track skip/fastforward/repeat does not.

According to the headphones manual, the remote controls reply on an avrcp profile - is this something supported by bluez or is it something that should be supported by the audio source (or both)?

Is the .asoundrc file correct for a2dp headphones with remote control?

Regards
John

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "dmix"
}

ctl.mixer0 {
type hw
card 0
}

pcm.bluetooth {
type bluetooth
device "00:1B:66:00:31:88"
profile "auto"
}

2010-02-08 09:02:04

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: bluez and a2dp sennheiser pcx310 headphones

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM, John Frankish <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

uinput kernel module, you can load it manually by doing: sudo modprobe
uinput (if you don't have then you need to enable it and recompile
your kernel)

PS: Before come back with such questions you better do a search/google
for it so you don't flood the mailing list with inconvenient
questions.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

2010-02-08 07:57:46

by John Frankish

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

2010-02-08 07:54:39

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi John,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM, John Frankish <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the .asoundrc below with bluez-4.53, I've been able to play music to a pair of sennheiser pcx310 headphones without problems, but although the remote volume control on the headphones works, the track skip/fastforward/repeat does not.
>
> According to the headphones manual, the remote controls reply on an avrcp profile - is this something supported by bluez or is it something that should be supported by the audio source (or both)?

You probably need to load uinput module to make this to work, also you
should probably try pulse audio which has a better integration with
bluetooth headsets so you don't need to manually configure alsa it
will do all this automatically for you.

> Is the .asoundrc file correct for a2dp headphones with remote control?
>

> Regards
> John
>

> pcm.!default {
> ? type plug
> ? slave.pcm "dmix"
> }
>
> ctl.mixer0 {
> ? type hw
> ? card 0
> }
>
> pcm.bluetooth {
> ? ? ? type bluetooth
> ? ? ? device "00:1B:66:00:31:88"
> ? ? ? profile "auto"
> }
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

2010-04-10 18:25:04

by John Frankish

OK, so I've updated the kernel to 2.6.33.2 and loaded the uinput module.

I believe things are connected as I see this in dmesg after pressing the "track skip" button:

input: 00:1B:66:00:31:88 as /devices/virtual/input/input11

mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth /mnt/sda1/Music/f00/aayw.mp3

Starting playback...
[press track skip]
No bind found for key ''.

Could anybody point me to a resource that explains how to manually "bind" the headphone controls to xmms, mplayer, rhythmbox, etc since I don't particularly want to use pulse audio

Thanks
John