2010-05-04 05:18:18

by John Frankish

Subject: How to use a2dp avrcp controls

Hi,

Although I can pair with and play music to a set of a2dp headphones without problems, I cannot figure out how to enable the "track skip" and similar remote controls on the headphones.

Is this something that can be done easily - if so, could somebody point me to the documentation?

If not, are there music playing applications (rhythmbox or similar) that already enable the remote controls on headphones?

Note that I see appropriate echoes in dmesg when I press the "track skip" button, so the message is getting from the headphones to my laptop...

Thanks
John