2009-03-10 13:02:24

by yesir yao

Subject: dund: how to config for handset platform

hi, all:

2009-03-13 08:34:10

by yesir yao

Subject: Re: dund: how to config for handset platform

2009/3/12 David Sainty <[email protected]>:

>>> I'm afraid dund is obsolete in Bluez 4. I think the right way to do it
>>> is to use rfcomm to create a serial device like /dev/rfcomm0 and use
>>> pppd to dial-up through that.
>>>

>> I think, It is on the Data terminal side, not for the Gateway side.
>> the profile looks like:
>> pc (Data terminal : run pppd and dial to /dev/rfcomm0 )
>> --> handset (Gateway : with bluetooth chip and modem on tty)
>> --> gsm (gprs) --> net
>>
>> now, i want to run "dund --dialup --msdun" on handset,
>> and receive ppp packet from pc, then send those to modem(ttyS1).
>>

> I do essentially the following to provide IP connectivity over bluetooth
> to my Palm:
>
> : ${rfdevice:=rfcomm0}
> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
> sdptool add --channel=1 SP
> rfcomm --encrypt watch "$rfdevice" 1 pppd '{}'
> "${localIP}:${bluetoothIP}" local nodetach noauth proxyarp $dns
>
> This is with a recent BlueZ 4.x rfcomm. ?I'm using an old kernel, which
> has terrible bugs that are hopefully resolved in newer kernels (if I
> disconnect from the Palm end before the Linux end, rfcomm seg faults
> [might be a user level bug there] and I need to reboot in order to be
> able to reconnect again).

there are two articles which maybe are useful for you:

http://www.newt.com/debian/treo650.html
http://spench.net/drupal/resources/linuxbluetoothppp

2009-03-12 10:46:40

by David Sainty

yesir yao wrote:
>>> after I run "dund --listen --dialup --msdun --nodetach"
>>>
>> I'm afraid dund is obsolete in Bluez 4. I think the right way to do it
>> is to use rfcomm to create a serial device like /dev/rfcomm0 and use
>> pppd to dial-up through that.
>>

> I think, It is on the Data terminal side, not for the Gateway side.
> the profile looks like:
> pc (Data terminal : run pppd and dial to /dev/rfcomm0 )
> --> handset (Gateway : with bluetooth chip and modem on tty)
> --> gsm (gprs) --> net
>
> now, i want to run "dund --dialup --msdun" on handset,
> and receive ppp packet from pc, then send those to modem(ttyS1).

I do essentially the following to provide IP connectivity over bluetooth
to my Palm:

: ${rfdevice:=rfcomm0}
sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
sdptool add --channel=1 SP
rfcomm --encrypt watch "$rfdevice" 1 pppd '{}'
"${localIP}:${bluetoothIP}" local nodetach noauth proxyarp $dns

This is with a recent BlueZ 4.x rfcomm. I'm using an old kernel, which
has terrible bugs that are hopefully resolved in newer kernels (if I
disconnect from the Palm end before the Linux end, rfcomm seg faults
[might be a user level bug there] and I need to reboot in order to be
able to reconnect again).

2009-03-12 10:25:43

by James Le Cuirot

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:10:09 +0800
yesir yao <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think, It is on the Data terminal side, not for the Gateway side.

Okay, I had a feeling you meant that. I've only set up a NAP gateway so
I can't help you there, I'm afraid.

2009-03-12 10:10:09

by yesir yao

>> after I run "dund --listen --dialup --msdun --nodetach"
>
> I'm afraid dund is obsolete in Bluez 4. I think the right way to do it
> is to use rfcomm to create a serial device like /dev/rfcomm0 and use
> pppd to dial-up through that.

I think, It is on the Data terminal side, not for the Gateway side.
the profile looks like:
pc (Data terminal : run pppd and dial to /dev/rfcomm0 )
--> handset (Gateway : with bluetooth chip and modem on tty)
--> gsm (gprs) --> net

now, i want to run "dund --dialup --msdun" on handset,
and receive ppp packet from pc, then send those to modem(ttyS1).

maybe, I must implement it by myself. :-)

2009-03-12 09:41:06

by James Le Cuirot

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:18:09 +0800
yesir yao <[email protected]> wrote:

> after I run "dund --listen --dialup --msdun --nodetach"

I'm afraid dund is obsolete in Bluez 4. I think the right way to do it
is to use rfcomm to create a serial device like /dev/rfcomm0 and use
pppd to dial-up through that. I've only done that with Bluez 3 though
so I could be wrong.

James

2009-03-12 09:18:09

by yesir yao

2009/3/10 yesir yao <[email protected]>:
> 2009/3/10 yesir yao <[email protected]>:
>> hi, all:
>>
> I am using bluez4 on my pxa310 handset platform.
> and I need to present dial-up network profile for my handset.
>
> after I run "dund --listen --dialup --msdun --nodetach"
> then, on my windows pc, using "IVT BlueSoleil",
> I can find the dial-up service present by my handset.
>
> but i cann't connect to the dial-up service by using BlueSoleil from my pc.
>
> so, my problem is : how to config dund daemon for handset/mobile phone ?
> thanks in advance !

why nobody reply my mails ? :-)

hi, all developer:
Does bluez4.x implement the "Dial-up Networking Profile (Gateway)" ?
in my pxa310 handset platform, ttyS0 is bluetooth chip, ttyS1 is a
gsm moderm.
now, I want to implement DUN (gateway) on my handset platform.
It is to say : pc(ppp) --> handset --> gsm (gprs) --> net
I have look through the bluez4.x/compat/dund.c,
and found it cann't meet my requirement.

is it right or not ? and how to fix it ?

thanks again !

Best regards
yesir Yao.

2009-03-10 13:18:13

by yesir yao

2009/3/10 yesir yao <[email protected]>:
> hi, all:

I am sorry for the previous empty email.