2010-07-01 13:33:25

by Peter Kornatowski

Subject: Bug with Alias

Hello,

I have several headsets of the same model, so I set an Alias for each
to distinguish them in my own application. But since bluez 4.64 the
Alias is bugged. Sometimes after a reboot or after a bluez restart
when i read out the Alias through the dbus api, I get the Name
instead. I also tried to read it with d-feet or through a dbus-send
call (dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
/org/bluez/11344/hci0/dev_00_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX
org.bluez.Device.GetProperties) and also got the Name instead of the
Alias. But in the aliases file under
/var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/aliases is the correct Alias.
The bug seems to have something to do with the commit
48a2c31cdbc1f2ac2a2bbadbd505976f84a9eaca
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=commit;h=48a2c31cdbc1f2ac2a2bbadbd505976f84a9eaca).
I hope someone can resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Peter

2010-07-02 20:28:16

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: Bug with Alias

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Vinicius Gomes
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Peter Kornatowski <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have several headsets of the same model, so I set an Alias for each to
>> distinguish them in my own application. But since bluez 4.64 the Alias is
>> bugged. Sometimes after a reboot or after a bluez restart when i read out
>> the Alias through the dbus api, I get the Name instead. I also tried to read
>> it with d-feet or through a dbus-send call (dbus-send --system --print-reply
>> --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/11344/hci0/dev_00_XX_XX_XX_XX_XX
>> org.bluez.Device.GetProperties) and also got the Name instead of the Alias.
>> But in the aliases file under /var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/aliases
>> is the correct Alias. The bug seems to have something to do with the commit
>> 48a2c31cdbc1f2ac2a2bbadbd505976f84a9eaca
>> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=commit;h=48a2c31cdbc1f2ac2a2bbadbd505976f84a9eaca).
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
>
> I suggested a fix[1], waiting for review.
>
>> I hope someone can resolve this issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter

Thanks vinicius, that should fix the problem and thanks peter to find
out about this.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer