2011-06-09 13:58:40

by Thilo Cestonaro

Subject: AW: AW: Re: Support for 0489:e031 Foxconn / Hon Hai

Hey Marcel,

thx for your help! Now it works.

>>Maybe the antenna is kinda wrongly calibrated, but I can't tell any
>>details here. That is hardware specific.
>
>So you think it's not connected correctly or what means wrongly calibra=
ted?
>Perhaps I can give it a try via Virtualbox under windows ...

As Virtualbox does a direct usb passthrough to the client I could instal=
l the bluetooth adapter in windows with the original broadcom bluetooth =
driver.
Once I opened the settings there and "saved" theses, the adapter finds b=
luetooth devices nicely under windows AND linux.

Sadly I have no idea what the broadcom driver did to "activate" the adap=
ter.

Does this make sence? For me not, but it works now.

When someone is interessted in any details, I will answer any question a=
s good as I can!

Perhaps someone can integrate the vendor id and product id in the kernel=
source btusb.c file.
The broadcom driver names the adapter 'Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth USB D=
evice'.
vid: 0x0489
pid: 0xE031

Ciao