2009-12-08 22:15:20

by Ed Tsang

Subject: How to force a fix pin

Hi, My application scan for devices, send file to it. But some device (blackberry) will request a pin. With the bluetoothd 4.51. bluetooth-applet will pop up and enter a pin. If de-install it, the bluetoothd will complain "No agent available for 0 request (pin_code_request?).". And the remote device failed to pair with a "default pin 0000".
Is there a way to force a default pin "0000". look like /etc/bluetooth/pin is history. Is there a simply work around.

Net Des

by Ed Tsang

Subject: Re: How to force a fix pin

Ralph,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I ended up changing the test/simple-agent and get it to return "0000". It pair ok with the fix pin now.

Ed

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

2009-12-09 17:49:29

by Ralph Hempel

Ed Tsang wrote:
> Ralph,Nel,
> Thanks for the hints.
> Since I will need to use the same pin code for every devices and I will not know their address before hand. In the pincodes file could we use
> * 0000
> I will try it out first.

Or, you could scan for new devices and then you'd know the MAC...

Ralph

2009-12-09 15:04:03

by Ed Tsang