2011-06-01 11:48:07

by Thilo Cestonaro

Subject: Support for 0489:e031 Foxconn / Hon Hai

Hey,

I got a new laptop and as usual new hardware has devices which aren't supported.
In this case, it is the bluetooth adapter of the Fujitsu Lifebook E751.

I have attached the lsusb -v output corresponding the adapter.

Can someone please tell me, which information are also needed so support can be implemented?

Should I contact Foxconn (or Broadcom) if they have a public spec?

As it is a internal usb bluetooth adapter might it be enough to add the ID to btusb.c? (didn't work so far ;) )

Any other hints?

Ciao
Thilo

Attachments:
lsusb.verbose.txt (10.67 kB)

2011-06-02 07:23:15

by Thilo Cestonaro

Subject: Re: Support for 0489:e031 Foxconn / Hon Hai

Hey Marcel,

>> I got a new laptop and as usual new hardware has devices which aren't =
supported.
>> In this case, it is the bluetooth adapter of the Fujitsu Lifebook =
E751.=20
>>=20
>> I have attached the lsusb -v output corresponding the adapter.
>>=20
>> Can someone please tell me, which information are also needed so =
support can be implemented?
>>=20
>> Should I contact Foxconn (or Broadcom) if they have a public spec?
>>=20
>> As it is a internal usb bluetooth adapter might it be enough to add =
the ID to btusb.c? (didn't work so far ;) )
>=20
> what about the usb-devices.sh script output or /proc/bus/usb/devices
> content for this adatper.

I currently have no access to my laptop, as it is at work. I'll have a =
look for the devices stuff on monday.

Ciao
Thilo=

2011-06-02 01:03:25

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Thilo,

> I got a new laptop and as usual new hardware has devices which aren't supported.
> In this case, it is the bluetooth adapter of the Fujitsu Lifebook E751.
>
> I have attached the lsusb -v output corresponding the adapter.
>
> Can someone please tell me, which information are also needed so support can be implemented?
>
> Should I contact Foxconn (or Broadcom) if they have a public spec?
>
> As it is a internal usb bluetooth adapter might it be enough to add the ID to btusb.c? (didn't work so far ;) )

what about the usb-devices.sh script output or /proc/bus/usb/devices
content for this adatper.

Regards

Marcel

2011-08-09 20:23:32

by Michael Markusch

Hi Thilo,

I have the same problem with my new lifebook S761. Do you have already a
solution?

Many thanks,
Michael