2009-11-03 05:49:03

by bluezprofile kernel

Subject: Attending skype calls from bluetooth headset

Hi ,

I am trying to attend skype calls from bluetooth headset.
I am hearing the ringtone but I am not able to answer the call by
pressing the call button in the headset.

Control comes to function telephony_key_press_req() in
audio/telephone_dummy.c [bluez 4.32] when call button in the headset
is pressed.
Any idea how to communicate this event to skype so that the call can
be answered?

Regards,
Bala.

2009-11-03 09:11:33

by alok barsode

Subject: Re: Attending skype calls from bluetooth headset

Hi Bala,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Johan Hedberg <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Bala,
>
> (lkml left out from the recipients since this is pretty obviously
> off-topic there)
>
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009, Bala wrote:
>> I am trying to attend skype calls from bluetooth headset.
>> I am hearing the ringtone but I am not able to answer the call by
>> pressing the call button in the headset.
>>
>> Control comes to function telephony_key_press_req() in
>> audio/telephone_dummy.c [bluez 4.32] when call button in the headset
>> is pressed.
>> Any idea how to communicate this event to skype so that the call can
>> be answered?
>
> As you see from audio/headset.c the event will also emit a
> "AnswerRequested" D-Bus signal. So all you need to do is get the source
> code for skype and fix it to listen for and react to this signal. Oh wait,
> skype is closed source ;)
> However, if the rumors are true we might see an open source skype UI for
> Linux soon and then the issue could really be solved. This is btw assuming
> that skype doesn't already have some API for external call control. If it
> does, you might be able to hack together a telephony-skype.c which calls
> into this API.

This might help.
https://developer.skype.com/Docs/ApiDoc/FrontPage

> Johan