2009-11-06 11:10:27

by nirav rabara

Subject: headset service search problem

Hi,

I have been trying to search only headset devices among other
bluetooth devices using SDP.

Problem - 1)

-> when I search for UUID 0x1108 (for headset). It shows me mobile
devices also because it support headset service
Is there any other way to search particularly for headset only??

Problem - 2)

-> when I search for the search for the service(headset). Bluetoothd
is going to get PIN no. because sometimes link key gets fail (in case
of new headset device whose is getting connected first time ).
-> Why bluetoothd need PIN when I am try to search for the service.
(not connecting)

Is there any way to search for the services without entering PIN ??

with regards,
Nirav

2009-11-06 13:11:33

by Iain Hibbert

Subject: Re: headset service search problem

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, nirav rabara wrote:

> I have been trying to search only headset devices among other
> bluetooth devices using SDP.
>
> Problem - 1)
>
> -> when I search for UUID 0x1108 (for headset). It shows me mobile
> devices also because it support headset service
> Is there any other way to search particularly for headset only??

Well, you could do a device inquiry first and filter the responses using
the "Class of Device" value. A headset will claim to be an AV device
(major #4) rather than a Phone (major #2). See section 5.5.1 in the
Headset Profile specification..

Then, you can probe the devices you find and check for "Headset" in the
service class attributes but that might only apply to version 1.0 of the
HSP specification because the newer profile (v1.2) seems to provide
different UUIDs for "Headset HS" (0x1131), "Headset AG" (0x1112) and
"Headset Profile" (0x1108)

> Problem - 2)
>
> -> when I search for the search for the service(headset). Bluetoothd
> is going to get PIN no. because sometimes link key gets fail (in case
> of new headset device whose is getting connected first time ).
> -> Why bluetoothd need PIN when I am try to search for the service.
> (not connecting)
>
> Is there any way to search for the services without entering PIN ??

If the remote device requires authentication, then no.

iain