2009-11-30 06:26:44

by nirav rabara

Subject: Problem in understanding of agent

Hi,

I am newbie to bluetooth, I have gone through agent.c and simple-agent
but not getting clear idea, how agent works??
Because In my application i m using Qt , I am poor at GTK+ , glib and pthython.
But what I understood is Agent will contain all the function defined
in agent.api, and when PIN requrest comes this api will serve the
request for this we need to create agent and register agent.

I am using qt binding, can anybody show me the right direction to
implement agent??

Your suggestion would be a great help for me

2009-11-30 23:46:52

by Vinicius Costa Gomes

Subject: Re: Problem in understanding of agent

Hi Nirav,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:26 AM, nirav rabara <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am using qt binding, can anybody show me the right direction to
> implement agent??

I did a quick clean-up in some code that was laying around, I hope it is useful:

http://gitorious.org/qt-bluez-demos/qt-bluez-demos

> Your suggestion would be a great help for me

Same here ;-) Patches and/or comments are welcome.

Vinicius Gomes
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia

2009-11-30 14:48:01

by Claudio Takahasi

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:26 AM, nirav rabara <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie to bluetooth, I have gone through agent.c and simple-agent
> but not getting clear idea, how agent works??
> Because In my application i m using Qt , I am poor at GTK+ , glib and pthython.
> But what I understood is Agent will contain all the function defined
> in agent.api, and when PIN requrest comes this api will serve the
> request for this we need to create agent and register agent.
>
> I am using qt binding, can anybody show me the right direction to
> implement agent??
>
> Your suggestion would be a great help for me

Hi Nirav,

You can find an example of obex-client agent here:
http://gitorious.org/qt-obex-ftp-client-library

The concept is similar, copy the agent/adaptor code and implement the
methods based on the API description only.
Let me know if you still have problem. We can publish an example of a Qt agent.

Br,
Claudio.
Claudio Takahasi
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia