2021-06-03 22:54:04

by Cinaed Simson

Subject: bluetooth mesh

Hi - what are minum requirements for using mesh?

I'm in the process of installing the latest git version of bluez on 2
single board computer ARM 64 odroid running stretch.

Both have 4.x kernels but I doubt if they have the crypotgraich kernel
modules.

I'm doing this to learn about bluetooth mesh so I don't care about
performance.

-- Cinaed

2021-06-03 23:31:38

by Gix, Brian

Subject: Re: bluetooth mesh

Hi Cinaed,

On Thu, 2021-06-03 at 15:49 -0700, Cinaed Simson wrote:
> Hi - what are minum requirements for using mesh?
>
> I'm in the process of installing the latest git version of bluez on 2
> single board computer ARM 64 odroid running stretch.
>
> Both have 4.x kernels but I doubt if they have the crypotgraich kernel
> modules.
>
> I'm doing this to learn about bluetooth mesh so I don't care about
> performance.
>
> -- Cinaed

The README file in bluez is currently up to date, and thus the minimum requirements are currently:

1. A minimum of kernel version 4.9 or later is required

2. The kernel must at a minimum have the following .config options turned on:
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_AEAD
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_HASH

CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CCM
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AEAD
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CMAC

Future versions of mesh will probably also require:

CONFIG_CRYPTO_HMAC
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA256