2011-04-21 01:09:52

by Elvis Pfutzenreuter

Subject: Announcement: Antidote, an IEEE 11073 library

Since the time we worked on BlueZ HDP support, we missed a free implementation
for the "upper part" of health protocol stack, namely the IEEE 11073-20601
standard.

Well, not anymore. Signove has released its implementation as free software:

http://oss.signove.com/index.php/Antidote_release_announcement

Antidote contains:

1) a library that can be statically or dynamically liked by any application that
needs to use the IEEE protocol;

2) a set of transport plug-ins that save the core library from most platform
dependencies. The most well-tested, by now, is the BlueZ HDP plugin. (Currently,
plug-ins are linked along with library.)

3) a sample health D-Bus service that allows applications to communicate with
health devices without having to link with Antidote library. This service is
perfectly functional and doubles as a complete example of how to use the
Antidote API.

License is LGPL.

2011-04-21 03:39:54

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Announcement: Antidote, an IEEE 11073 library

Hi Elvis,

> Since the time we worked on BlueZ HDP support, we missed a free implementation
> for the "upper part" of health protocol stack, namely the IEEE 11073-20601
> standard.
>
> Well, not anymore. Signove has released its implementation as free software:
>
> http://oss.signove.com/index.php/Antidote_release_announcement

sounds great, but can be get a GIT tree that hosts the source code as
well. I was not able to find it. Shipping source code as tarballs is so
90ties ;)

Regards

Marcel