2010-09-24 08:54:39

by steven bluez

Subject: Support for Device ID profile

Hi all,
Is there any support for Device ID Profile in Bluez 4.XX? versions ?\

Regards,
Steven

2010-09-28 05:39:37

by Rahul Ruikar

Subject: Re: Support for Device ID profile

Hi All,

Could you please tell me some pointers in code/document where I can
know about various profiles
we support here or about profiles for which support is not added yet.

I would like to contribute towards adding support of profiles.
http://www.bluetooth.com/English/Technology/Works/Pages/Profiles_Overview.aspx

Thanks
Rahul Ruikar

On 28 September 2010 10:23, steven bluez <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/9/24 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]>:
>>> Hi Steven,
>>>
>>> Yes, you can use DeviceID on main.conf to add that, but as you see it
>>> is pretty limited so we are planning to have a better support for
>>> this, perhaps extend adapter driver interface where you can write a
>>> plugin to fill this information.
>>

> I have started to work on it thats why I cleared up my doubts.
>> Is anyone working on this plugin now. I'd like to work on it if nobody
>> is working yet.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>>> Regards,

>>> --
>>> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>>> Computer Engineer
>>> --
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2010-09-28 04:53:21

by steven bluez

Hi Jose,
> Hi,
>
> 2010/9/24 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]>:
>> Hi Steven,
>>
>> Yes, you can use DeviceID on main.conf to add that, but as you see it
>> is pretty limited so we are planning to have a better support for
>> this, perhaps extend adapter driver interface where you can write a
>> plugin to fill this information.

I have started to work on it thats why I cleared up my doubts.
> Is anyone working on this plugin now. I'd like to work on it if nobody
> is working yet.
>
> Regards.
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM, steven bluez <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> ? ? ? Is there any support for Device ID Profile in Bluez 4.XX? versions ?\
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Steven
>>> --
>>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>>> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>>

>> --
>> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>> Computer Engineer
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Hi,

2010/9/24 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]>:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Yes, you can use DeviceID on main.conf to add that, but as you see it
> is pretty limited so we are planning to have a better support for
> this, perhaps extend adapter driver interface where you can write a
> plugin to fill this information.

Is anyone working on this plugin now. I'd like to work on it if nobody
is working yet.

Regards.

> Regards,
>
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM, steven bluez <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> ? ? ? Is there any support for Device ID Profile in Bluez 4.XX? versions ?\
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steven
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>>

> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Computer Engineer
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2010-09-24 12:58:47

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi Steven,

Yes, you can use DeviceID on main.conf to add that, but as you see it
is pretty limited so we are planning to have a better support for
this, perhaps extend adapter driver interface where you can write a
plugin to fill this information.

Regards,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM, steven bluez <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> ? ? ? Is there any support for Device ID Profile in Bluez 4.XX? versions ?\
>
> Regards,
> Steven
> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Computer Engineer

2010-10-05 09:22:04

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Rahul/Luiz,

> Could you please tell me some pointers in code/document where I can
> know about various profiles
> we support here or about profiles for which support is not added yet.
>
> I would like to contribute towards adding support of profiles.
> http://www.bluetooth.com/English/Technology/Works/Pages/Profiles_Overview.aspx

clear warning here guys. STOP top posting.

Regards

Marcel

Hi Steven,

Bringing back this thread with some questions.

2010/9/28 steven bluez <[email protected]>:
> Hi Jose,
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/9/24 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]>:
>>> Hi Steven,
>>>
>>> Yes, you can use DeviceID on main.conf to add that, but as you see it
>>> is pretty limited so we are planning to have a better support for
>>> this, perhaps extend adapter driver interface where you can write a
>>> plugin to fill this information.
>>

> I have started to work on it thats why I cleared up my doubts.

Have you done something here? I'd like to contribute or continue the
project if you've abandoned it.

Regards.