2010-10-22 13:21:09

by Leandro de Oliveira

Subject: RFCOMM connection from android device to desktop pc

Hi,

I'm trying to open an RFCOMM connection from my android device to my
desktop pc running Ubuntu 10.04, send some data, close the connection
and then do it again. My desktop program is written in Java and relies
on BlueCove[1] to handle bluetooth details which calls Bluez 4.x in
this case.

The problem is that I get a successful connection and data transfer in
the first communication attempt but nothing in subsequent attempts.

There is this thread[2] in the android-platform mailing list with much
more detail, but I think you could just take a look at this hcidump
that has been requested there to let me know if this is a problem in
bluez on the android or desktop side:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1401233/pc-hcidump.txt

Please, let me know if you need more info.

The same program works perfectly when the android application connects
to it running on Windows 7 using the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.

[1] http://www.bluecove.org/
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/485db57409304d3e?hl=en

Thank you very much

2010-10-28 18:47:03

by Jaikumar Ganesh

Hi Leandro:
Debugging this is on my list. I will get back to you.

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Leandro de Oliveira
<[email protected]> wrote:
> So, any ideas? Don't you find it strange that bluez can't communicate
> with itself?
>
> 2010/10/22 Leandro de Oliveira <[email protected]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to open an RFCOMM connection from my android device to my
>> desktop pc running Ubuntu 10.04, send some data, close the connection
>> and then do it again. My desktop program is written in Java and relies
>> on BlueCove[1] to handle bluetooth details which calls Bluez 4.x in
>> this case.
>>
>> The problem is that I get a successful connection and data transfer in
>> the first communication attempt but nothing in subsequent attempts.
>>
>> There is this thread[2] in the android-platform mailing list with much
>> more detail, but I think you could just take a look at this hcidump
>> that has been requested there to let me know if this is a problem in
>> bluez on the android or desktop side:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1401233/pc-hcidump.txt
>>
>> Please, let me know if you need more info.
>>
>> The same program works perfectly when the android application connects
>> to it running on Windows 7 using the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.
>>
>> [1] http://www.bluecove.org/
>> [2] http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/485db57409304d3e?hl=en
>>
>> Thank you very much

> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html