2010-08-19 06:57:42

by Lorenzo Brito Morales

Subject: its possible to make a streaming video whith bluez?

its possible to make a streaming video whith bluez? if not, are there
plans to implementing?

2010-08-19 08:50:06

by Johan Hedberg

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010, Alexander Orlenko wrote:
> > > Do you have plans to implement this for BlueZ?
> > It's a GSoC'10 project. http://hostisdown.org/gsoc/projects/vdp
>
> Ha. Seems I've missed that one completely (though not really a surprise
> since there doesn't seem to have been any communication about it here on
> the mailing list).

I just just took a peek at the projects git tree. There's essentially
nothing there besides some very simple stub files. Also, there doesn't
seem to be anything AVDTP related in the tree but just raw data (video)
sending over an L2CAP connection. So if that's all that there is then
the statement "nothing exists for VDP in BlueZ right now" is actually
quite close to the truth.

Johan

2010-08-19 08:33:23

by Johan Hedberg

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010, Alexander Orlenko wrote:
> > Do you have plans to implement this for BlueZ?
> It's a GSoC'10 project. http://hostisdown.org/gsoc/projects/vdp

Ha. Seems I've missed that one completely (though not really a surprise
since there doesn't seem to have been any communication about it here on
the mailing list).

Johan

2010-08-19 08:25:48

by Alexander Orlenko

On 19 August 2010 18:49, Johan Hedberg <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010, Lorenzo Brito Morales wrote:
>> its possible to make a streaming video whith bluez?
>
> Not right now.
>
>> if not, are there plans to implementing?
>
> Nothing concrete, but at least the first requirement would be for there
> to exist some devices on the market that support VDP. Do you know any?
> Do you have plans to implement this for BlueZ?
>
> Johan

by Johan Hedberg