2010-09-07 18:06:32

by Arun K. Singh

Subject: Why is l2cap_connect re-implemented in gattool instead of using btio wrappers?

Hi,

Just trying to understand the need for a separate l2cap_connect
re-implemention in gatttool.c instead of using bt_io_connect( ) wrapper
from
btio.c? Since current GATT implementation tries to work on existing BR/EDR,
cant btio wrapper suffice for this initial step...

Best regards,
Arun

2010-09-08 06:09:30

by Arun K. Singh

Hello Vinicius

Thanks for the reply. However I am referring to latest Bluez 4.70 file
gatttool.c which implements its own version l2cap_
connect(void) rather than an old version of gatttool.c.

Do you mean to say that this l2cap_connect() would get deprecated and
btio routines be used instead in later bluez versions?

--
Best Regards,
Arun Kumar Singh

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Vinicius Gomes
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Arun Kumar <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  Just trying to understand the need for a separate l2cap_connect
>>  re-implemention in gatttool.c instead of using bt_io_connect( ) wrapper
>>  from
>>  btio.c? Since current GATT implementation tries to work on existing BR/EDR,
>>  cant btio wrapper suffice for this initial step...
>>

> An initial version of gatttool used to have support for ATT/GATT over
> Unix sockets, we did not use btio because it allowed us to reuse most
> of the connection code.
>
> Now that the Unix socket support was removed, there's no real reason
> not use the btio functions.
>
>> Best regards,
>> Arun
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]
>>

> Cheers,
> --
> Vinicius

2010-09-08 00:13:33