2011-02-22 12:43:48

by Thibaut L

Subject: Help hcitool cmd (hci to connect)

Dear all,

Please, could anyone tell me how to connect to a bluetooth device
through hcitool (BlueZ) hci command. Like this: "hcitool cmd 0x01
0x0005 [parameters]". How can I input this cmd? Is the [parameters] a
bt device MAC adress like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX?

I've tryed to use "hcitool cc <MAC>", but it doesn't work for me cause
it disconnects the device a second later.

I just wanna measure RSSI.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Thibaut

2011-02-24 01:23:57

by haijun liu

Subject: Re: Help hcitool cmd (hci to connect)

Thibaut,
I remember there is a monitor for hci connection, if nobody reference
it for a while, then it will issue a disconnect request, so you'd
better make a l2cap connection on it to keep it alive.

Haijun.Liu
skype: liu.haijun