2011-02-22 07:39:11

by Bob Liu

Subject: How to config bluetooth headset ?

Hi, folks

Since I can't open the wiki: http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices.
Is there any guide how to config bluetooth headset ?

I used to use
root:/> hcid -n &

root:/> sdpd &

root:/> headsetd -n &
But it seems that things have changed a lot now, there is only bluetoothd ?

Cureently I can scan the device:
# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:1A:45:4A:EA:39 Jabra BT125
#

How to make aplay can use that device?

Thanks a lot.

--Bob

2011-02-22 10:02:53

by Daniel O'Connor

Subject: Re: How to config bluetooth headset ?

On 22/02/2011, at 20:27, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> Is there any doc about it in detail ?
>
> I haven't seen any :(
>
> There's the source of course, but.. :-/

Actually there is the D-Bus API documentation.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=tree;f=doc;h=c933b3d917a930387a2422589f1caccd7db3bc9a;hb=HEAD

are so many of them to choose from."
-- Andrew Tanenbaum

by Daniel O'Connor

On 22/02/2011, at 20:03, Bob Liu wrote:
>> Does bluetooth-wizard help you?
>>

> Thanks,
> But I am using beagleboard, I need to cross compile all those tools.

Ahh right..

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Daniel O'Connor <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 22/02/2011, at 18:09, Bob Liu wrote:
>> Cureently I can scan the device:
>> # hcitool scan
>> Scanning ...
>>        00:1A:45:4A:EA:39       Jabra BT125
>> #
>>
>> How to make aplay can use that device?
>
> Does bluetooth-wizard help you?

Thanks,
But I am using beagleboard, I need to cross compile all those tools.
Is there any doc about it in detail ?

> I don't know if there is a command line equivalent though, or what happens afterward - eg if bluetoothd stores the connection info for later use or something else must be run..

--Bob

2011-02-22 09:21:28

by Daniel O'Connor